The Pulmonary and Allergy division at Aman Hospital offers a comprehensive state-of-the-art range of diagnostic tests to provide people with signs and symptoms of respiratory and/or allergic conditions the newest and most advanced treatment options.
Our team includes physicians specialized in pulmonary and allergy, therapists, nurses, pharmacists, dietitians, and other health care workers. Patient education is very important at our clinics, we offer educational classes, short videos, and brochures to our patients to ensure a good understanding of their condition and appropriate use of their medications.
This measures how well the lungs work, it includes tests that measure lung size and airflow. You will be asked to empty your lungs by gently breathing out as much air as you can then your breath in a quick and deep breath, hold your breath for 10 seconds, and then breathe out. It usually takes about 30 minutes to complete this test and you have to be 7 years old or older to be able to perform this test.
Offered to all children with suspicion of allergy. These tests are done during the clinic visit or after. The results will be interpreted by the allergy doctor and communicated to parents as soon as available together with a treatment plan.
For children with positive allergy testing who would benefit from immunotherapy, will be offered a customized treatment plan.
Chest X-ray and/or Soft Tissue Neck X-ray are done if needed to evaluate children for any hidden condition leading to chronic or recurrent cough.
Flexible bronchoscopy is performed when we have a suspicion of an abnormality in the airways. In general, it is done under general anesthesia. It helps to obtain an accurate diagnosis, to evaluate, and to treat some conditions like chronic infections.
This is offered to families with children known to have food allergies. It ensures the appropriate selection of food to enhance growth and excellent nutritional status while keeping the child safe from accidental ingestion of unsuitable food.
It measures the amount of chloride, a part of salt, in sweat. The test is not painful and does not require any blood draw. We put a small amount of a chemical (pilocarpine) on a small area of the arm or leg to encourage sweat production then we wait around 30 minutes to collect the sweat and test it with a special machine. The result will help us to confirm or to rule out a condition named Cystic Fibrosis (CF). CF is a disease that causes chronic and recurrent cough, with mucus production in the lungs and abnormal functioning of other organs like the intestines.
Diseases & Conditions Treated
Meet The Doctors
You will also need to have the following information with you when you check in:
- Qatar ID / valid passport
- Insurance card
- Laboratory studies (in case available)
For insurance and price inquiries, please contact our call center at +974 4400 4400 between 8 am to 10 pm.
The Pulmonary and Allergy Clinic at Aman Hospital is located at the following address: First Floor, Pediatrics Clinic.
We recommend you allow enough time to park to ensure you arrive on time. Please plan to arrive 30 minutes prior to your appointment time. Our valet parking is here to assist you, take your car and park it safely in our underground parking.
Always feel free to bring someone with you to your appointments. A family member or friend can help ask questions, remember the information your care team gives you, and provide support.
Please call our call center at +974 4400 4400. They are available from Saturday to Thursday from 8 am to 10 pm to help you reschedule or cancel your appointment.
Our Support Services
- Specialized physical therapist who helps you to improve your joint pain and muscles strength, informs you on the proper ergonomic postures to prevent back pain, and customizes a targeted program that fits your health status. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.
- Dietary services will guide you and your family regarding healthier food choices in case of dyslipidemia, diabetes, obesity and hyperuricemia. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.
- Pharmaceutical services will guide you regarding your medications and/or biologic treatments: administration mode, timing, side effects, management in case of infection and address any question that may arise. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.
- Nursing services for patient education who will provide you with all the information about your disease and treatment and answer your questions. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.
- Healthcare practitioner who will coordinate all your appointments and make sure to schedule the appointments at your convenience. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.
- Financial team who is here to secure your insurance approvals on time and assist you with any financial inquiries. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.