Dry eye-related distress is one of the most common complaints heard by eye doctors. It is a very prevalent multifactorial ocular surface problem that can also lead to fluctuations in vision and changes in quality of life. It is therefore of utmost importance to find out the causes of the problem to determine the best solution.
Dry eye syndrome is caused by inadequate quality/quantity of tears. There are three layers in the human tear film. The oily outer element of tears is produced by the meibomian glands. The lacrimal gland produces the aqueous component, and the goblet cells produce the mucin component. In addition, there are multiple environmental factors, systemic problems, and medications that can add to the inadequate tear film.
Aman hospital ophthalmologists work closely with rheumatologists to unravel any rheumatologic history and formulate the best systemic plan in addition to the local topical eye remedies such as lubricating eye drops and ointment as well as systemic remedies as the dry eye symptoms differ depending on the individual case.
Who should consider the Dry Eye Clinic visit?
What do we offer you at the Dry Eye Clinic?
What are the complications of Dry Eye diseases?
Dry eye causes discomfort in mild cases; but, in severe cases, the condition could lead to distressing pain and complications such as damage to the cornea.
Our Team at the Dry Eye Clinic
- Qatar ID / valid passport
- Insurance card
- Laboratory studies (in case available)
For insurance and price inquiries, please contact our call center at +974 4400 4400 between 8 am to 10 pm.
The Dry Eye Specialty Clinic in Aman Hospital is located at the following address: Ground Floor, Outpatient 2.
We recommend you allow enough time to park to ensure you arrive on time. Please plan to arrive 30 minutes prior to your appointment time. Our valet parking is here to assist you, take your car and park it safely in our underground parking.
Always feel free to bring someone with you to your appointments. A family member or friend can help ask questions, remember the information your care team gives you, and provide support.
Please call our call center at +974 4400 4400. They are available from Saturday to Thursday from 8 am to 10 pm to help you reschedule or cancel your appointment.
Our Support Services
- Specialized physical therapist who helps you to improve your joint pain and muscles strength, informs you on the proper ergonomic postures to prevent back pain, and customizes a targeted program that fits your health status. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.
- Dietary services will guide you and your family regarding healthier food choices in case of dyslipidemia, diabetes, obesity and hyperuricemia. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.
- Pharmaceutical services will guide you regarding your medications and/or biologic treatments: administration mode, timing, side effects, management in case of infection and address any question that may arise. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.
- Nursing services for patient education who will provide you with all the information about your disease and treatment and answer your questions. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.
- Healthcare practitioner who will coordinate all your appointments and make sure to schedule the appointments at your convenience. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.
- Financial team who is here to secure your insurance approvals on time and assist you with any financial inquiries. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.