Aman Hospital Division of Obstetrics embraces women’s health and the health of infants before, during, and after birth.
Antenatal care is an umbrella term used to describe the medical procedures and care that are carried out during pregnancy. It is the care a woman receives and is important in helping to ensure a healthy pregnancy state and safe childbirth.
The objective, therefore, of antenatal care is to assure every pregnancy results in the delivery of a healthy baby without impairing the mother’s health.
Major goals of antenatal care are to:
- Promote and maintain the physical, mental and social health of mother and baby by providing education on nutrition, personal hygiene, and birthing process
- Detect and manage complications during pregnancy, whether medical, surgical or obstetrical
- Develop birth preparedness and complication readiness plan
- Help prepare mother to breastfeed successfully, experience normal puerperium, and take good care of the child physically, psychologically and socially
- A customized program and plan of care tailored by our physical therapist and fitness expert according to your needs
- Guidance on appropriate food habits provided by our nutritionist
- Antenatal classes offered by our healthcare professionals (Obstetrician, midwife, obstetric nurse)
- A dedicated pharmacist who works with your obstetrician to optimize your medication management
- An experienced nurse/midwife who will answer your inquiries and assist throughout your pregnancy journey
Intrapartum care is the time period spanning childbirth, from the onset of labour through delivery of the placenta; it refers to both mother and baby.
Intrapartum care is a platform to provide pregnant women with respectful, individualized, women-centered, and effective clinical and non-clinical practices to optimize birth outcomes for the woman and her baby.
The major purpose of postpartum and postnatal care is to maintain and promote the health of the woman and her baby and to foster an environment that offers help and support to the extended family and community for a wide range of related health and social needs.
In addition to all the services available for the antenatal bundle, a special focus will be toward occupational therapy and the presence of an experienced nurse which will meet you either at the hospital or at home to guide you through different critical matters such as breast feeding method, how to look after your baby and much more.
- Qatar ID / valid passport
- Insurance card
- Laboratory studies (in case available)
For insurance and price inquiries, please contact our call center at +974 4400 4400 between 8 am to 10 pm.
The Obstetrics Clinic at Aman Hospital is located at the following address: ground floor, outpatient 2.
We recommend you allow enough time to park to ensure you arrive on time. Please plan to arrive 30 minutes prior to your appointment time. Our valet parking is here to assist you and take your car from you and park it safely in our underground parking.
Always feel free to bring someone with you to your appointments. A family member or friend can help ask questions, remember the information your care team gives you, and provide support.
Please call our call center at +974 4400 4400. They are available from Saturday to Thursday from 8 am to 10 pm to help you reschedule or cancel your appointment.
Our Support Services
- Specialized physical therapist who helps you to improve your joint pain and muscles strength, informs you on the proper ergonomic postures to prevent back pain, and customizes a targeted program that fits your health status. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.
- Dietary services will guide you and your family regarding healthier food choices in case of dyslipidemia, diabetes, obesity and hyperuricemia. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.
- Pharmaceutical services will guide you regarding your medications and/or biologic treatments: administration mode, timing, side effects, management in case of infection and address any question that may arise. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.
- Nursing services for patient education who will provide you with all the information about your disease and treatment and answer your questions. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.
- Healthcare practitioner who will coordinate all your appointments and make sure to schedule the appointments at your convenience. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.
- Financial team who is here to secure your insurance approvals on time and assist you with any financial inquiries. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.