The neurology specialists at Aman Hospital use the latest advances in medicine, surgery, and technology to tailor a treatment plan that suits each patient’s medical condition.
The first step in getting rid of your neurological symptoms is establishing a correct diagnosis. Our neurologists are experts in a wide range of disorders of the nervous system. In order to uncover what is causing your signs and symptoms, our experts will conduct a detailed history taking and physical examination followed by diagnostic tests whenever these are deemed necessary. Whether you have impaired function of the brain, spinal cord, muscles, or peripheral nerves, our multidisciplinary team will provide you with the best care possible.
A full spectrum of services is provided at the neurology center at Aman Hospital. Our patient-centered and multidisciplinary approach guarantees patients are provided with the best care available. We commit to applying the latest in research through constantly seeking new knowledge to improve the management of people with a wide spectrum of neurological disorders.
The division of General Neurology is comprised of an integrated team of neurological specialists with particular expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of both common and complex neurological disorders. The division includes several programs that employ a multidisciplinary approach to research and patient care including:
- General Neurology Program
- Multiple sclerosis clinic
- Headache clinic
- Concussion and Sports-Related Injury Program
- Pain Relief Center of Excellence
The Neuropsychology service within the division of Cognitive Neuroscience provides comprehensive neuropsychological assessments for people with memory impairment. Accordingly, our specialist will provide the best approach to improving memory, concentration, and other brain functions through a team of experts specialized in cognitive rehabilitation.
The division of Neuromuscular medicine provides complete, multidisciplinary clinical care, and advanced electrophysiological diagnostic testing for a broad spectrum of patients with nerve and muscle disorders.
Our specialists create a continuity of care from the time the patient arrives intending to minimize damage to the brain and enhance the chances of reclaiming independence and a decent quality of life. Our post-stroke care goes beyond classical physical therapy and includes cutting-edge technology to improve brain plasticity and enhance its residual functions.
Is a technique used to target the origins of your neurological disorder in the nervous system. Neuromodulation devices stimulate nerves and help modulate abnormal neural behavior at the origin of the disease process. Repeated sessions have an additive effect and can provide relief from a wide array of neurological symptoms resistant to medical treatment. Neuromodulation has proven efficacy in various medical conditions in addition to an excellent safety record. These conditions include:
- Various pain syndrome
- Residual motor weakness following stroke
- Depression and other psychiatric conditions
- Substance abuse
- Eating disorders
- At Aman Hospital we use two different techniques to induce the desired changes in the brain.
- Transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS): Transcranial direct current stimulation is a non-invasive, painless brain stimulation treatment that uses a very weak electrical current to stimulate specific areas in the brain. A typical session lasts around 30 minutes. tDCS has the advantage of being painless and safe. The equipment is easily portable and adapted for self-administered home treatment. The only common side effect is slight itching or tingling on the scalp.
- Navigated repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS): Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) is a non-invasive procedure that uses brief magnetic pulses to activate nerve cells in the brain. During an rTMS session, an electromagnetic coil is placed against your scalp (figure 2). The coil painlessly delivers a series of magnetic pulses to specific areas of your brain. Depending on the type of stimulation, rTMS either activates regions that have decreased activity or inhibit those with abnormally increased activity. A typical session lasts around 30 minutes. rTMS has an excellent safety record. The only common side effects are headache, scalp discomfort at the site of stimulation, tingling, twitching of facial muscles, and lightheadedness.
Diseases & Conditions Treated
Below is a list of some of the conditions treated at Aman Hospital – Neurology clinic:
Centers Of Excellence
Meet The Doctors
You will also need to have the following information with you when you check in:
- Qatar ID / valid passport
- Insurance card
- Laboratory studies (in case available)
For insurance and price inquiries, please contact our call center at +974 4400 4400 between 8 am to 10 pm.
The Neurology Clinic at Aman Hospital is located at the following address: Ground Floor, Outpatient 2.
We recommend you allow enough time to park to ensure you arrive on time. Please plan to arrive 30 minutes prior to your appointment time. Our valet parking is here to assist you, take your car and park it safely in our underground parking.
Always feel free to bring someone with you to your appointments. A family member or friend can help ask questions, remember the information your care team gives you, and provide support.
Please call our call center at +974 4400 4400. They are available from Saturday to Thursday from 8 am to 10 pm to help you reschedule or cancel your appointment.
Our Support Services
- Specialized physical therapist who helps you to improve your joint pain and muscles strength, informs you on the proper ergonomic postures to prevent back pain, and customizes a targeted program that fits your health status. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.
- Dietary services will guide you and your family regarding healthier food choices in case of dyslipidemia, diabetes, obesity and hyperuricemia. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.
- Pharmaceutical services will guide you regarding your medications and/or biologic treatments: administration mode, timing, side effects, management in case of infection and address any question that may arise. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.
- Nursing services for patient education who will provide you with all the information about your disease and treatment and answer your questions. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.
- Healthcare practitioner who will coordinate all your appointments and make sure to schedule the appointments at your convenience. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.
- Financial team who is here to secure your insurance approvals on time and assist you with any financial inquiries. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.