Aman Hospital Neonatology unit aims at providing the best care for babies born premature (over 30 weeks of gestation) and for critically ill newborns. In our unit, we work on diagnosing and treating the most common causes of respiratory distress, infections, jaundice, malnutrition, and congenital malformations. We take special care of vulnerable babies born premature and with low birth weight by providing proper thermal regulation and choosing individualized nutrition for the best growth and immunity. We work as a multidisciplinary team of specialized neonatologists, and well-trained nurses, in collaboration with obstetricians, and various pediatric and medical specialties to provide the utmost care needed.
At Aman Hospital we will work in advance to make the best possible plan for care.
We provide the mom-to-be with information about her baby’s health condition, and the post-natal care her baby is likely to require.
For babies that will need to be admitted to the NICU, we provide thorough explanation about the expected management in the NICU, duration of stay, and expected challenges. This provides a safe space for parents to share their concerns and make informed decisions.
We also provide counselling about breastfeeding, daily care, prevention, and vaccination for well-born, and post NICU discharge babies.
In our NICU we provide:
- Neonatal mechanical ventilation (invasive and noninvasive) for babies born with Respiratory distress.
- Parenteral nutrition by centrally inserted catheter (umbilical and PICC), in additional to enteral feeding by Naso-gastric tube.
- Treatment of neonatal sepsis, hypoglycemia, dehydration, and other metabolic diseases.
- Phototherapy for neonatal jaundice
- Thermal regulation and daily essential neonatal care guided by the NIDCAP guidelines (skin-to-skin, positioning, respecting sleep-wake-cycle, etc...)
We provide regular clinic visits for evaluation, vaccination, and counseling, follow up on any complication of prematurity.
We provide parental education about breastfeeding, bottle feeding, and introduction of solids, nutrition needs until the age of 2 years.
Diseases & Conditions Treated
You will also need to have the following information with you when you check in:
- Qatar ID / valid passport
- Insurance card
- Laboratory studies (in case available)
For insurance and price inquiries, please contact our call center at +974 4400 4400 between 8 am to 10 pm.
The Neonatology Clinic at Aman Hospital is located at the following address: First Floor, Pediatrics Clinic.
We recommend you allow enough time to park to ensure you arrive on time. Please plan to arrive 30 minutes prior to your appointment time. Our valet parking is here to assist you, take your car and park it safely in our underground parking.
Always feel free to bring someone with you to your appointments. A family member or friend can help ask questions, remember the information your care team gives you, and provide support.
Please call our call center at +974 4400 4400. They are available from Saturday to Thursday from 8 am to 10 pm to help you reschedule or cancel your appointment.
Our Support Services
- Specialized physical therapist who helps you to improve your joint pain and muscles strength, informs you on the proper ergonomic postures to prevent back pain, and customizes a targeted program that fits your health status. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.
- Dietary services will guide you and your family regarding healthier food choices in case of dyslipidemia, diabetes, obesity and hyperuricemia. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.
- Pharmaceutical services will guide you regarding your medications and/or biologic treatments: administration mode, timing, side effects, management in case of infection and address any question that may arise. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.
- Nursing services for patient education who will provide you with all the information about your disease and treatment and answer your questions. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.
- Healthcare practitioner who will coordinate all your appointments and make sure to schedule the appointments at your convenience. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.
- Financial team who is here to secure your insurance approvals on time and assist you with any financial inquiries. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.