The Women Wellbeing Center for Excellence at Aman hospital is a multidisciplinary group of experts aiming to improve the overall health and wellness of women. Our goal is to empower women of all ages to take charge of their health and the health of their families. The work of our COE is based on patient safety, respect, caring, compassion, and integrity. We are continuously endeavoring to deliver our services by ensuring up to date knowledge, research and evidence-based practice.
Why Choose our Women Wellbeing Center for Excellence?
Our multidisciplinary scheme entails a complete treatment that engages the involvement of multiple consultants and field experts from different specialties including Obstetrics, Gynecology, Reproductive Medicine, Cardiology, Endocrinology, Rheumatology, Radiology, Surgery, Nephrology, Psychiatry, Pain management, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Dermatology and Cosmetics.
In parallel, our support services specialists work in tandem with our physicians to support and improve women’s and couples’ health through fitness and physical therapy programs, dietary and healthy food plans, hospitality, recreational and relaxation activities, counseling and mental health sessions, pharmacy medications management as well as on call nurses’ services.
- 1. Antenatal care:
Antenatal care is an umbrella term used to describe the medical procedures and care that are carried out during pregnancy. It is the care a woman receives and is important in helping to ensure a healthy pregnancy state and safe childbirth.
The objective, therefore, of antenatal care is to assure every wanted pregnancy results in the delivery of a healthy baby without impairing the mother’s health.
Major goals of antenatal care are to:
- Promote and maintain the physical, mental and social health of mother and baby by providing education on nutrition, personal hygiene, and birthing process
- Detect and manage complications during pregnancy, whether medical, surgical or obstetrical
- Develop birth preparedness and complication readiness plan
- Help prepare mother to breastfeed successfully, experience normal puerperium, and take good care of the child physically, psychologically and socially
- A customized program and plan of care tailored by our physical therapist and fitness expert according to your needs
- Guidance on appropriate food habits provided by our nutritionist
- Antenatal classes offered by our healthcare professionals (Obstetrician, midwife, obstetric nurse)
- A dedicated pharmacist who works with your obstetrician to optimize your medication management
- An experienced nurse/midwife who will answer your inquiries and assist throughout your pregnancy journey
- 2. Intrapartum care:
Intrapartum care is the time period spanning childbirth, from the onset of labour through delivery of the placenta; it refers to both mother and baby.
Intrapartum care is a platform to provide pregnant women with respectful, individualized, women-centered, and effective clinical and non-clinical practices to optimize birth outcomes for the woman and her baby.
- 3. Postnatal care:
The major purpose of postpartum and postnatal care is to maintain and promote the health of the woman and her baby and to foster an environment that offers help and support to the extended family and community for a wide range of related health and social needs.
In addition to all the services available for the antenatal bundle, a special focus will be toward occupational therapy and the presence of an experienced nurse which will meet you either at the hospital or at home to guide you through different critical matters such as breast feeding method, how to look after your baby and much more.
- All general gynecology aspects are thoroughly addressed at your consultation, our aim is to provide an accurate diagnosis, investigate accordingly and agree a management plan of care, individualized to each patient, and monitor treatment progress.
We apply a holistic approach in our care and utilize a multidisciplinary team approach for more complex gynecological issues.
From a surgical point of view, we work closely with our general surgical and urology colleagues to provide you with comprehensive surgical management.
The presence of a cardiology, radiology, anesthesia and surgery team in addition to your gynecologist provide full and concrete diagnosis for your condition and allow for the most reliable treatment plan. The pain management team is also available to control your pain and get you back on track quickly.
For a healthy and fast recovery, the following services are available:
- A physical therapist and fitness expert, who will tailor a customized program according to your condition
- A nutritionist to ensure a healthy diet
- A dedicated pharmacist to help you properly manage your medications
- An experienced nurse who will answer your inquiries and assist you throughout your treatment plan
In vitro fertilization (IVF) is a multidimensional series of procedures used to help with fertility or prevent genetic complications and help with the conception of a child. It is the utmost effective form of assisted reproductive technique which uses a couple's own eggs and sperm. If more than one embryo is transferred to the uterus, IVF can result in a pregnancy with more than one fetus.
During IVF, mature eggs are retrieved from ovaries and fertilized by sperm in a laboratory. The fertilized egg (embryo) or eggs (embryos) are transferred to a uterus. A full cycle of IVF takes about three weeks. Sometimes these phases are divided into different parts and the process can be longer.
The chances of having a healthy baby using IVF depend on many factors, such as your age and the cause of infertility.
Our doctors are available to help you understand how IVF works, the possible risks and whether this method of treating infertility is right for you.
Our approach to handle recurrent miscarriages early pregnancy provides comfort, hope and security for our patients considering the constant coordination available among our specialists and support services.
We provide additional attention on the fertility preservation for cancer survivors for males, females and married couples.
Our IVF unit is a complete setting fully equipped with skilled staff, clinicians and state-of-the-art equipment’s for females with fertility problems. Our team will coordinate all your appointments and follow up with you to make your journey relaxed and delighted.
The reproductive health and IVF pillar provide special attention to the patient mental health, healthy living and habits.
You will also need to have the following information with you when you check in:
- Qatar ID / valid passport
- Insurance card
- Laboratory studies (in case available)
For insurance and price inquiries, please contact our call center at +974 4400 4400 between 8 am to 10 pm.
The Women Wellbeing center in Aman Hospital is located at the following address: Ground Floor, Outpatient 2.
We recommend you allow enough time to park to ensure you arrive on time. Please plan to arrive 30 minutes prior to your appointment time. Our valet parking is here to assist you and take your car from you and park it safely in our underground parking.
Always feel free to bring someone with you to your appointments. A family member or friend can help ask questions, remember the information your care team gives you, and provide support.
Please call our call center at +974 4400 4400. They are available from Saturday to Thursday from 8 am to 10 pm to help you reschedule or cancel your appointment.