Obesity, defined as a body mass index (BMI) ≥30 kg/m2 accompanied by detrimental excessive fat accumulation, is a global public health issue interconnected with a multitude of adverse health outcomes, significantly impaired quality of life, and reduced life expectancy. Worldwide obesity has nearly tripled since 1975 and consequently represents a large economic burden on the healthcare system.
Aman hospital Weight Management Specialty Clinic offers comprehensive healthcare solutions for the treatment of obesity and overweight. Our healthcare professionals work with you to create an inclusive care plan based on your goals, the underlying causes of your weight gain and the factors that have prevented you from losing weight.
Who should consider the Weight Management Specialty Clinic visit?
What do we offer you at the Weight Management Specialty Clinic?
Our multidisciplinary team of surgeons, physicians, anesthesiologist, counselors, dietitians and medical exercise specialists focuses on your long-term weight loss success. We offer a wide range of the latest treatment options, including:
Our highly skilled dietitians will guide you in achieving your optimal weight goals and restoring nutritional status through healthy lifestyle choices and devised meal plans.
With continuous and ongoing supervision to ensure a safe and successful journey throughout your individualized program.
Our medical exercise specialist will customize a fitness program that will improve your strength and help you reduce fat and body weight to reach the optimal goal.
Endocrinology and Metabolic weight management is a non-surgical weight management program dedicated to closely follow up and help overweight and obese patients to lose weight and sustain their weight loss successfully. It identifies the underlying causes of obesity, improves obesity related conditions, such as insulin resistance, prediabetes, type 2 diabetes, hyper cholesterolemia, fatty liver, and offers the latest approved pharmacotherapy for weight loss.
Our consultants and support team of experts identify the challenges associated with being obese and adopt a multidisciplinary patient centred approach to overcome such barriers .
We offer the latest noninvasive technology for the treatment of obesity and overweight such as Endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty, insertion of gastric balloon and Intra-gastric Botox injection.
The goal of bariatric surgery is to help patients achieve significant and sustainable weight loss and resolve or improve obesity-related medical problems. There are multiple surgical procedures that are available and the decision to proceed with the surgery is taken after thorough evaluation and discussion with the patient. See more here.
Bariatric embolization may reduce the sensation of hunger in some patients with morbid obesity. It targets ghrelin, the hunger hormone by limiting blood flow to the stomach.
The procedure is done under local anesthesia where a tiny catheter is navigated into the arteries feeding the fundus of the stomach from a pinhole in the groin. Small gelatin particles are injected into these small arteries to decrease blood flow to the fundus where ghrelin is produced.
The procedure can be done with one-night hospital admission and patients can go home the next day with very little discomfort. This innovative therapy involves new technologies, such as 3D navigation, microcatheters, and state of the art x-ray imaging devices.
See more here.
Our team at the Weight Management Clinic
You will also need to have the following information with you when you check in:
- Qatar ID / valid passport
- Insurance card
- Laboratory studies (in case available)
For insurance and price inquiries, please contact our call center at +974 4400 4400 between 8 am to 10 pm.
The Weight Mangement Specialty Clinic in Aman Hospital is located at the following address: Ground Floor, Outpatient 2.
We recommend you allow enough time to park to ensure you arrive on time. Please plan to arrive 30 minutes prior to your appointment time. Our valet parking is here to assist you, take your car and park it safely in our underground parking.
Always feel free to bring someone with you to your appointments. A family member or friend can help ask questions, remember the information your care team gives you, and provide support.
Please call our call center at +974 4400 4400. They are available from Saturday to Thursday from 8 am to 10 pm to help you reschedule or cancel your appointment.
Our Support Services
- Specialized physical therapist who helps you to improve your joint pain and muscles strength, informs you on the proper ergonomic postures to prevent back pain, and customizes a targeted program that fits your health status. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.
- Dietary services will guide you and your family regarding healthier food choices in case of dyslipidemia, diabetes, obesity and hyperuricemia. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.
- Pharmaceutical services will guide you regarding your medications and/or biologic treatments: administration mode, timing, side effects, management in case of infection and address any question that may arise. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.
- Nursing services for patient education who will provide you with all the information about your disease and treatment and answer your questions. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.
- Healthcare practitioner who will coordinate all your appointments and make sure to schedule the appointments at your convenience. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.
- Financial team who is here to secure your insurance approvals on time and assist you with any financial inquiries. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.