Diabetes is reaching epidemic proportions and is a major health concern. With time, diabetes gradually weakens blood vessel walls developing small leaks. In the eye, we can see small hemorrhages, exudates, and retinal fluid resulting in visually threatening complications. Eyes shall be examined at least once yearly if the patient has diabetes. This is due to the possibility of developing related diseases such as diabetic retinopathy, cataract, and glaucoma.
Our ophthalmologists will complete a full check for your eyes and will customize in a multidisciplinary approach the plan of care needed with the endocrinologist and the dietician. A follow-up visit is scheduled regularly to make sure the problem does not get out of control.
Who should consider the Diabetic Eye Care Clinic visit?
What do we offer you at the Diabetic Eye Care Clinic?
What are the complications of Diabetic Eye disease?
Diseases and Conditions Treated
It occurs when the blood vessels in the retina become leaky and this is a leading cause of vision loss or blindness in adults. It is caused by changes in the blood vessels of the retina.
It occurs when the naturally clear lens in the eye becomes cloudy, causing blurred vision, and eventually blindness if left untreated.
Patients with uncontrolled diabetes can also develop glaucoma, a condition that causes damage to the optic nerve. Vision loss from glaucoma is irreversible and can eventually cause permanent blindness.
Our Team at the Diabetic Eye Clinic
You will also need to have the following information with you when you check in:
- Qatar ID / valid passport
- Insurance card
- Laboratory studies (in case available)
For insurance and price inquiries, please contact our call center at +974 4400 4400 between 8 am to 10 pm.
The Diabetic Eye Care Specialty Clinic in Aman Hospital is located at the following address: Ground Floor, Outpatient 2.
We recommend you allow enough time to park to ensure you arrive on time. Please plan to arrive 30 minutes prior to your appointment time. Our valet parking is here to assist you, take your car and park it safely in our underground parking.
Always feel free to bring someone with you to your appointments. A family member or friend can help ask questions, remember the information your care team gives you, and provide support.
Please call our call center at +974 4400 4400. They are available from Saturday to Thursday from 8 am to 10 pm to help you reschedule or cancel your appointment.
Our Support Services
- Specialized physical therapist who helps you to improve your joint pain and muscles strength, informs you on the proper ergonomic postures to prevent back pain, and customizes a targeted program that fits your health status. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.
- Dietary services will guide you and your family regarding healthier food choices in case of dyslipidemia, diabetes, obesity and hyperuricemia. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.
- Pharmaceutical services will guide you regarding your medications and/or biologic treatments: administration mode, timing, side effects, management in case of infection and address any question that may arise. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.
- Nursing services for patient education who will provide you with all the information about your disease and treatment and answer your questions. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.
- Healthcare practitioner who will coordinate all your appointments and make sure to schedule the appointments at your convenience. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.
- Financial team who is here to secure your insurance approvals on time and assist you with any financial inquiries. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.