The Diabetes Specialty Clinic at Aman Hospital is a multidisciplinary clinic that involves a team of specialists from Endocrinology, Cardiology, Ophthalmology, Neurology, Urology, Dermatology, and Dentistry as well as experts from Dietary, Physical therapy, Pharmacy and Nursing. The goal of the clinic is to promote a strategy to support behavior change and diabetes self-care by providing an early treatment plan and appropriate medical instructions.
The Diabetes clinic offers both individual and group diabetes education classes for patients and their families with access to the latest information, treatment options, and education for all types of diabetes. Our hospital is affiliated with Imperial private healthcare and research activities are continuously evolving to offer the best possible care.
The endocrinologists and clinical team at the Diabetes Clinic provide diabetes management to patients with all types of diabetes, including:
Type 1 diabetes, or insulin-dependent diabetes, is a chronic condition in which the pancreas produces little or no insulin. Different factors, including genetics conditions, may contribute to type 1 diabetes.
Although type 1 diabetes usually appears during childhood or adolescence, it can develop in adults.
Unlike many health conditions, diabetes is managed mostly by you, with support from your health care team, appropriate care, regular physical activity, healthy food choices, blood pressure and blood glucose management, you can live a successful and healthy lifestyle with no limitations on activities.
At Aman hospital, our aim is to assist you make regular appointments with your health care team and to make sure you’re on track with your treatment plan.
Type 2 diabetes, the most common type of diabetes, is a disease that occurs when your blood glucose, also called blood sugar, is too high due to an impairment in the way the body regulates and uses glucose as fuel. Eventually, high blood sugar levels can lead to disorders of the circulatory, nervous and immune systems.
Factors that may increase your risk of type 2 diabetes include:
- Being overweight
- Central fat distribution (Storing fat mainly in your abdomen rather than your hips and thighs)
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Family history of Diabetes
- Age, as the risk of type 2 diabetes increases as you get older, especially after age 45
- Having prediabetes
- Having a history of gestational diabetes
- Having polycystic ovary syndrome
Gestational diabetes is a condition in which a woman without diabetes develops high blood sugar levels during pregnancy. This type of diabetes usually disappears after giving birth. It can happen at any stage of pregnancy but is more common in the second or third trimester.
Comprehensive Diabetes Self-Management Education
Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support programs offer comprehensive diabetes self-management education to help you succeed in managing all aspects of diabetes care.
Group classes and individual visits are available, our diabetes team includes a diabetes educator, a dietitian and food expert, an exercise specialist, a pharmacist, a nurse, and a clinic coordinator. At Aman Diabetes Specialty Clinic, we offer:
Class topics include eating healthfully, being physically active, monitoring blood sugars and interpreting results, taking medications safely, reducing the risk of complications, and setting personal goals for managing diabetes.
This course provides education about insulin pumps management, the benefits of pumping, the limitations, and the type of pumps and infusion sets. This class is also for current pump users who are considering other options or who need to refresh their basic knowledge of pump management.
- Diabetes: Survival Skills
- Diabetes: Gestational Diabetes
- Diabetes: Planning Healthy Meals
- Diabetes Basics Video
- Monitoring Your Diabetes Video
- Introduction to Insulin Pen Injections Video
- Introduction to Insulin: Vial (bottle) & Syringe Injections Video
- Insulin Pumps Video
- Continuous Glucose Monitor Video
- Diabetes Exercise Demonstration
Our Care Team
You will also need to have the following information with you when you check in:
- Qatar ID / valid passport
- Insurance card
- Laboratory studies (in case available)
For insurance and price inquiries, please contact our call center at +974 4400 4400 between 8 am to 10 pm.
The Diabetes Specialty Clinic in Aman Hospital is located at the following address: Ground Floor, Outpatient 2.
We recommend you allow enough time to park to ensure you arrive on time. Please plan to arrive 30 minutes prior to your appointment time. Our valet parking is here to assist you, take your car and park it safely in our underground parking.
Always feel free to bring someone with you to your appointments. A family member or friend can help ask questions, remember the information your care team gives you, and provide support.
Please call our call center at +974 4400 4400. They are available from Saturday to Thursday from 8 am to 10 pm to help you reschedule or cancel your appointment.
Our Support Services
- Specialized physical therapist who helps you to improve your joint pain and muscles strength, informs you on the proper ergonomic postures to prevent back pain, and customizes a targeted program that fits your health status. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.
- Dietary services will guide you and your family regarding healthier food choices in case of dyslipidemia, diabetes, obesity and hyperuricemia. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.
- Pharmaceutical services will guide you regarding your medications and/or biologic treatments: administration mode, timing, side effects, management in case of infection and address any question that may arise. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.
- Nursing services for patient education who will provide you with all the information about your disease and treatment and answer your questions. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.
- Healthcare practitioner who will coordinate all your appointments and make sure to schedule the appointments at your convenience. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.
- Financial team who is here to secure your insurance approvals on time and assist you with any financial inquiries. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.