As technologies progress, treatment options in eye care are increasing. In the past, cataract surgery with monofocal intraocular lens (IOL) was the only treatment choice available to eliminate cataracts and repair optimal vision. With modern, state-of-the-art innovations, cataract removal surgeries have been included a new spectrum of intraocular lenses.
After standard cataract surgery, patients often need corrective eyeglasses to fix refractive errors, such as astigmatism, nearsightedness, farsightedness, and presbyopia. However, refractive cataract surgery eliminates cataract eye disease and corrects refractive errors.
This procedure become increasingly popular because people tend to select permanent vision correction, as opposed to provisional methods of vision repair like glasses and contact lenses. The risks associated with cataract surgery have reduced over the years, as advanced lasers allow cataract surgeons to make exact incisions with precise measurements.
Who should consider the Cataract Surgery Specialty Clinic visit?
Our eye surgeon will perform a series of tests in order to determine eligibility for refractive cataract surgery if the initial two requirements are met. Testing will also define whether it is medically possible for the patient to totally exclude the need for glasses after treatment. The eye surgeon may decide that a patient will be independent of glasses for distance vision but will still need them for near vision activities such as reading.
What do we offer you at the Cataract Surgery Specialty Clinic?
Our ophthalmologists who are cataract as well as refractive surgeons will use the most advanced technologies and latest devices to treat cataracts. Our experienced optometrists and technicians will take precise measurements of the eye to ensure the best surgical postoperative visual outcomes. They will also take the time to review and recommend the best lens to fulfill your daily professional needs as well as your recreational activities
Choosing the correct IOL power is key especially after previous laser vision correction surgery. Aligning intraocular lenses correctly in the eye is critical to correct astigmatism postoperatively. Modern technologies allow the surgeon to match the ocular data and measurements taken preoperatively in the clinic with the live ones coming from the patient’s eye during the surgery
Our Team at the Cataract Surgery Clinic
- Qatar ID / valid passport
- Insurance card
- Laboratory studies (in case available)
For insurance and price inquiries, please contact our call center at +974 4400 4400 between 8 am to 10 pm.
The Cataract Surgery Specialty Clinic in Aman Hospital is located at the following address: Ground Floor, Outpatient 2.
We recommend you allow enough time to park to ensure you arrive on time. Please plan to arrive 30 minutes prior to your appointment time. Our valet parking is here to assist you, take your car and park it safely in our underground parking.
Always feel free to bring someone with you to your appointments. A family member or friend can help ask questions, remember the information your care team gives you, and provide support.
Please call our call center at +974 4400 4400. They are available from Saturday to Thursday from 8 am to 10 pm to help you reschedule or cancel your appointment.
Our Support Services
- Specialized physical therapist who helps you to improve your joint pain and muscles strength, informs you on the proper ergonomic postures to prevent back pain, and customizes a targeted program that fits your health status. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.
- Dietary services will guide you and your family regarding healthier food choices in case of dyslipidemia, diabetes, obesity and hyperuricemia. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.
- Pharmaceutical services will guide you regarding your medications and/or biologic treatments: administration mode, timing, side effects, management in case of infection and address any question that may arise. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.
- Nursing services for patient education who will provide you with all the information about your disease and treatment and answer your questions. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.
- Healthcare practitioner who will coordinate all your appointments and make sure to schedule the appointments at your convenience. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.
- Financial team who is here to secure your insurance approvals on time and assist you with any financial inquiries. For any inquiry, please contact +974 4400 4400.